The Voice of God
SERIOUSLY!! But let me start at the beginning. . .
I work at Starbucks and I opened yesterday, which means I got up at 4:45 AM on a SUNDAY! And it would have been earlier, but I was a bit late. So since I worked all morning that meant I had to go to church at 5 PM. I really didn't want to go, I was tired and just wanted to stay home and veg on the couch. But I went, and is usually the case when I've gotten up early I "rest my eyes" a bit during the mass. When I first got there I "told" God to at least give me a good message to listen to. Well, the priest was talking about Perpetual Adoration and the need for volunteers to sign up to sit and pray with Jesus. He told a story about a group of parishioners asking him if it was OK to fall asleep while praying in the Adoration Chapel and he said, "God is so grateful that you are there after a long hard day at work, that your sacrifice is GREATER, and the grace you receive is MORE ABUNDANT." WOW! I mean, wasn't he just SPEAKING TO ME?! I actually had to pull out my handy dandy notebook and WRITE IT DOWN so I could remember it. Just to know that God was happy I was there touched me so much and made the rest of the mass more meaningful. And I didn't doze anymore either! :)
Sometimes God really DOES speak to you. You just have to ASK and then LISTEN!
Happy Monday!! :D

2 Comments:
Wow, Julie! That is so cool! I can't imagine how good you felt!
Oh gosh, what a great story! Thanks for posting it!
Lyn
Post a Comment
<< Home