Random Thoughts

Monday, July 10, 2006

What is going on here?

First, I need to apologize for letting this go so long without a post. I guess I haven't had any Random Thought worth blogging about for awhile, besides the fact that life just gets in the way sometimes!

This morning though as I was reading posts at my favorite online community Willow Traders it occurred to me that a lot of bad things are happening in our community. And it's all happening at once - financial problems, infidelities, and illness to name a few. The big question is WHY?

Well, let me tell you a bit about our community. We're first and foremost a CHRISTIAN community of women with the common interest of scrapbooking, and more specifically Kit Collecting.

The key word here is CHRISTIAN. I've seen this kind of thing
happen in other strong Christian communities where everything seems to be going very well. I firmly believe we are being TESTED. By whom, you might ask? None other than the devil himself.

I'm serious, think about it . . . First, the very reliable board suddenly has technical difficulties which threatens to shut us down. Do we let it? NO! We band together, one of the members gets her husband to help us out, and we come through with flying colors. We even form a Yahoo group to keep in touch during the transition. Now that we're up and stronger than ever our members are being tested individually. Every day brings MORE prayer requests and along with that MORE praises. The devil doesn't like to see THAT! Definitely NOT! It's not in his plan for us to get stronger and more rooted in Christ. But that is exactly what is happening.

Hang on tight ladies, cuz I think we're in for a rocky ride. I'm sure he isn't done with us yet. But you know as well as I do, that as long as we have Christ, we will be VICTORIOUS! We will beat this time of trouble and come out on the other side STRONGER. Stronger as a group, stronger as women, and stronger in Christ!

Persevere! Fight the good fight, finish the race, and keep the faith!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Julie...you have hit the nail on the head here. Thank you for pointing out to me all the ways the devil is doing his dirty work with us. He has been trying to do his dirty work with me and I admit I was letting him. Just lately though I have tried to just not stress over my finanical problems and stress of the ex...and just leave it to God. I have been reading my bible and doing some yoga to help me just de stress. Only 3 days into the yoga but it seems to be helping. Thanks so much for helping me see how sneaky Satan can be and how the strength of prayers and praying women at WT will help us win the battle!

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home